Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 01-04-2004 , 09:16 PM
yeap, I think that's about it.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 17 01-04-2004 , 09:19 PM
when I have my plane selected and I assign the d/m it just turns my plane green?

# 18 02-04-2004 , 01:28 AM
I think you have to asign the displacement to a material (like a lambert for example) and then assign that material to the plane.
Also, did you tried rendering? Because the displacements only show when you render and not in the UI (or at least that's how it is in my computer, maybe with a more powerfull computer one can display the displacement in the UI).

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

# 19 02-04-2004 , 08:48 AM
you can use the rendering as a preview, and then use modify convert displacement to polys when you are happy with it.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 20 02-04-2004 , 11:08 AM
smashing guys, thanks for the tips! got it working as a diplacement, just one more thing user added image how do I adjust the dismap? if I double click on its node to open a/e the box to change the level is set at 1.000 and I cant change it? I realise I can do this in photoshop by changing the variation in my grey tones but I wondered if there's a way to fine tune it in Maya

ps sorry to be such a noob, I always learn things faster when I actually work through projects rather than hunting through manuals ( although Maya's online help comes in v handy ) I've been designated 3D guy at work so i'm having to learn Maya while working on real projects... with real deadlines!

Thanks again for all your help

# 21 02-04-2004 , 09:15 PM

Originally posted by juice690
... how do I adjust the dismap? if I double click on its node to open a/e the box to change the level is set at 1.000 and I cant change it?...

I think what you need to change is Alfa Gain. Or was it alfa offset? I forgot, and I don't have Maya infront of me right now. Try looking for something like one of those two. (or I'll post again later when I get a look inside Maya)

# 22 05-04-2004 , 10:13 AM
thanks mate