Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-09-2011 , 10:59 AM
SM Tea Boy

Bombing run tutorial Preview

SimplyMaya Bombing Run Tutorial - YouTube

Highlights include multiple fluid contains working with multiple particle emitters. Displacement with construction history and 3d fluid texture containers. All tied together with a little bit of mel scripting.

This one will need Maya 2011 and up. Not recommend for the beginner, although possible to follow it will give you a headache user added image

All done in Maya. More information to follow expect to see this one on the site on Monday / Tuesday.

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 25-09-2011 , 02:34 PM
The thin red line
What bit cannot be done in maya 2009............dave

# 3 25-09-2011 , 02:57 PM
SM Tea Boy
well the nparticles could be converted to polys but you won't be able to do the displacement of the floor in real-time as this is done with two of the new features of Maya 2011.

So the bomb blast with the shrapnel could be done but none of the floor effects would be possible. Or they would but not the way we cover here.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 25-09-2011 , 04:34 PM
The thin red line
I think I can work around those OK, thanks David............dave

# 5 26-09-2011 , 12:56 AM
Lifetime Member
aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww I miss out...damn! let me know if you get it done daverave

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes