Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-02-2004 , 02:56 PM

first rig

OK, I have rigged my first character: monkeyMOnk.

Animation is soon I hope. No textures, and this is the proxy layer (smooth face, rough body). I am just going to keep doing animations with this guy to learn.

I am trying user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Lungs not guns....
# 2 16-02-2004 , 02:58 PM

xray

Here is an xray of the locators and handles, etc... By the way, what is the best process to keep the elbows form fillping? I havea contrained pole vector but it sill shakes when I bend it? Should I try an orient and aim?

Oh yeah, what is the best way to attach geometry to a handle so you can grab it easier?

thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

Lungs not guns....
# 3 17-02-2004 , 03:07 PM
Subscriber
ok well I didn't see this post when I seen your other one. sorry. pay the other one no mind. you can still contact me though. It looks simple and efective. Hows the revers foot joints doing for you ?

# 4 17-02-2004 , 04:50 PM
Reverse foot is fine, but I am having a problem with my expressions.

Whenever I add an expression to my pelvisControl node, my feet come off of the ground when I lift one knee up. I have grouped my root to itself and named it pelvisCOntrol, and then when I add a simple trranslate expression, my feet lose their groundedness? Also, what is the best way to attach a primative to a handle so it moves, and controls the handle for easier visibilty? Any help is apreciated. I am deepin the trax editor now user added image I have learned a lot of Maya, and it feels great!

Lungs not guns....