Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 02-06-2004 , 09:26 PM

June - Noob - NightPhantom

I'm not sure if I'm going to go for it. But I want to reserve my creature before they are all gone. I chose a faerie. Something like tinkerbell for example, except not her in particular. I'll write more about it and get some pics later.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 2 12-06-2004 , 03:33 AM
Wow, this is a pretty popular challenge, there is so many people participating that I had to click to the next page to find my thread :p

Well, on to business. I've decided to give it a try. I'll write something about the creature I chose some other time... but here are a couple of picture I found online.

Attached Thumbnails

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

# 3 12-06-2004 , 03:37 AM
I got started with the face. As you probably already figured out I like to use NURBS, so that's what I'm using in that picture. I've just orginized the patches, I still haven't stiched or anything, so they don't look continuous. I'll do that later. I feel too lazy this weekend :p

Attached Images

# 4 19-06-2004 , 09:41 AM
uh-oh...more competition... the images are well looking....good luck