Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 24-11-2005 , 10:38 PM
W O W user added image Dilberts you are working as though there were no tommorow!!!!! Not to mention the amount of details in this model!

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 32 25-11-2005 , 07:07 AM
Last update for today. It's thanksgiving here, so I had some time to work on it. Starting to work on the details now. Once the engine is complete, it's downhill from there, so hopefully I'll make the deadline.

Attached Thumbnails
# 33 25-11-2005 , 08:02 AM
Subscriber
looks fantastic!! you definitely have that render setup down to a tee!
Great work.user added image

# 34 25-11-2005 , 09:18 AM
I'm speechless... I am without speech user added image

# 35 25-11-2005 , 10:51 AM
19 year Veteran
Very nice wire on your roadster engine. Thanks for posting it!user added image

# 36 26-11-2005 , 07:59 AM
Took a break from modeling for a few minutes to mess with some shaders. This was a render of a quick paint and chrome test. It's just a rush job so that I could test how my system is going to handle reflections. Suffice to say there's going to be no final gather on this project, my system crashes every time I try to render the whole bike. However, I think once I mess around with the lights and reflection source, I'll be able to squeeze out a nice final render with a regular mental ray render with simple lights.

Attached Thumbnails
# 37 26-11-2005 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber
i dont think its fair to other entries for u to enter with a project u already started on, when everyone start from scratch.
that gives u more time advantage, and u have a start ahead already, its th 1st rule in the challenge i think.

altho i dont think it matters much cuz i doubt u will finish in time with this model.

# 38 26-11-2005 , 05:06 PM
vladimirjp, I started this model on the 13th of November, and posted my first render of the wheel and brake disc on that day (look in the WIP forum), which is well within the time conditions. You can see by my updates every day that it is a current project that I am working on for this competition, and like you say, may not finish in time, so don't freak out.

These competitions are to encourage people to do good work and help each other out with questions. Let's not turn it into an argument. user added image I'd love to see your entry if you have time to post it.

# 39 26-11-2005 , 05:52 PM
Subscriber
well said Bro, user added image

# 40 26-11-2005 , 08:36 PM
Really nice NURBS modeleing dilberts. It is a complex model. Textures will take some time, but at the rate you are progressing you should be fine I think.

Keep up the good work!

mayafreak3

# 41 27-11-2005 , 10:43 PM
Quick low quality render to show some progress.

Attached Thumbnails
# 42 28-11-2005 , 11:36 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by dilberts
vladimirjp, I started this model on the 13th of November, and posted my first render of the wheel and brake disc on that day (look in the WIP forum), which is well within the time conditions. You can see by my updates every day that it is a current project that I am working on for this competition, and like you say, may not finish in time, so don't freak out.

These competitions are to encourage people to do good work and help each other out with questions. Let's not turn it into an argument. user added image I'd love to see your entry if you have time to post it.

yea but whats the point really
... rules are rules.

anyway, no matter.

keep up good works.user added image

# 43 29-11-2005 , 07:27 AM
Breakthrough!! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to give this model justice in the render stage, but I just spent 5 hours learning about render layers and compositing, and have finally managed to render without crashing. This was rendered in 4 pieces. I haven't messed with the compositing yet, so the masks are maybe a little too obvious, but at least now I know with a little work I can get the high quality render I'm looking for. It only took 38 minutes to render all 4 layers too :attn:

Now to finish up the modeling and start texturing. The engine is all but complete apart from the exhausts, so the hard part is done. user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 44 29-11-2005 , 04:14 PM
Starting to think about textures.

Attached Thumbnails
# 45 29-11-2005 , 04:54 PM
another angle

Attached Thumbnails