Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-08-2006 , 06:29 AM
Subscriber

maya not saving

maya is not saving my preferences , toolsbars I make , and everytime i start it shows that box to teach you lessons ..i have deleted preference folder and started all over ..but each time i open it lately it starts off all new and i have to reset everything ...all my settings ..anyone know why it is not saving anything

# 2 19-08-2006 , 04:10 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yo mmoore

how much space have you left on the hard drive? sometimes it can be something as simple as this, swap space and all that crap can be a bit of a bugger.

Check your temp folder it may have a ton of Maya disk cache stuff in there causing it to defer to the default settings.

Cheers
Jay

# 3 19-08-2006 , 08:13 PM
Make sure your "my documents" folder is not a top level drive ( like D: ). For instance, I use a hard drive exclusively for my documents, and in order to make Maya save preferences, I had to move my documents to a sub folder.