Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 25-04-2010 , 09:13 PM

Been a while & photoshop!

Hey all, Been away for a while, kinda busy for the last... 2 years i guess... wow i didnt realize it was that long but i still try and load up maya once in a while(some day im going to finish a project im sure of it).

But anyway i have this page as my home page for the last 4 years or so(as inspirtation to remind me to load up maya instead of playing a game or something) and as i went online today i decided i would share some good news:

After working 60-70 hours plus a week for the last 2 years in a production position in a printing facility(im a pressman), i got a promotion to an office, computer and everything that goes with that. And along with this office style the big bosses upstairs(just a term, my big bosses are actually in minisota or something, decided to sign me up for some classes. So they signed me up for almost 20 courses that i get to take on company time including:
Photoshop Basic, Inter, Advanced, Professional.
Illistrator, Quark, some art classes for design management and the like.

I cant wait to finish it all(i've already done 4 lessons in the basic course out of 9). And show off some newly aquired skills, but working a normal 9-5 job 5 days a week i will have a lot more free time to do maya, art and the like so you might see me around a little more.

So how has everyone else been?

# 2 26-04-2010 , 10:30 AM
Lifetime Member
Welcome back ...looking forward to you displaying your new found skills ..hehe

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 26-04-2010 , 11:54 PM
Yeah, the only bad part is it takes forever to take the classes because i take a few for photoshop, a few for other things, and i have to catch up on my work in between, who knows how long it will take to get some actual progress sadly.

I cant even remember the last time i opened photoshop on my computer at home....

# 4 27-04-2010 , 04:09 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Hey, I remember you.

Cool deal on the promotion and the training.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 5 28-04-2010 , 03:37 AM
Yes i rememebr you as well. I wonder how many people are still kicking around here that i remember.

Ive still been lurking for a while, just never had anything to really post but i think i might start a project this week. Not sure what yet,

# 6 28-04-2010 , 01:31 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Hey man been a while its good to hear u havnt given up on maya anyway welcome back

# 7 28-04-2010 , 10:55 PM
Yeah i havent given up. just didnt have time to really do anything.

I had a habit at work of taking objects or parts of my machine and sketching/imagining how to model them efficiently in maya, sad im sure. I rarely ever actually followed through with it. But some parts i fleshed out so much i can practically see the model.

I do this a lot with every day objects, noticing how the edgeloops would work on real life things to get the right look and where you would add edges and polys..... please tell me this happens to other people?