Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 28-08-2003 , 05:17 PM

you know youre screwed when...

doh i need to take vacations...

you know youre screwed when:

1 you start to wonder if you can see a wireframe of the face of the
people´s whos in front of you

2 it gets worse when you get the irresistible urge to pull some cvs on that face user added image

3 you only think on that differential equation you cant solve and its probable that you find one similar on the exam...

4 anyone feel free to contunue the tread ...

# 2 28-08-2003 , 05:57 PM
good idea....post yours behind the old ones. so we will have a huge list at the end

2 it gets worse when you get the irresistible urge to pull some cvs on that face

3 you only think on that differential equation you cant solve and its probable that you find one similar on the exam...

5 you want to remove the cloth shirt of a women

6 you want to make a animation of you and a women in bed.....uhhmm user added image

7 every morning you wake up you want to set up some spot lights

# 3 29-08-2003 , 01:53 AM
user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 4 29-08-2003 , 02:04 AM
>you know youre screwed when...

* Youre lying sleepily in bed smoking a cigarette. Or is that somthing else?

# 5 29-08-2003 , 02:34 AM
hahaha!

# 6 29-08-2003 , 03:35 AM

2 it gets worse when you get the irresistible urge to pull some cvs on that face

5 you want to remove the cloth shirt of a women

6 you want to make a animation of you and a women in bed.....uhhmm

7 every morning you wake up you want to set up some spot lights

8 You wonder, "Who retextured the face on this head. I didnt have pimples yesterday..."

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 7 30-08-2003 , 07:21 AM
im glad you guys (´n gals) dont find nothing in your behavior that scare yourselves user added image cmon dont be shy... user added image

Last edited by dragonfx; 30-08-2003 at 07:36 AM.
# 8 30-08-2003 , 08:41 AM
Those are pretty bad. Although I remember the one time last year I had stayed up all night playing some game and realize around 7 that morning that I had the ACT in like an hour. I was so weirded out that day! Needless to say I slept good as soon as I got home.user added image

# 9 02-09-2003 , 03:13 AM
I sometimes get obsessed with little details on objects (paint chipping on wood, etc) and think how I could do it in maya. sometimes I will find rippled old glass, and just stand in front of it moving my head back and forth and think of how to acheive that not-too-smooth, not-to-bumpy ripple...

I've gotten some weird stares for that one user added image
does anyone else just look at stuff and think about how it would work in CG all the damn time? I remember when I first got into cg and started lecturing those around me on "bump mapping" and "fresnel terms" and (the worst of them all) "NURBS"... ugh... by the time I got to the word "unilateral"everyone in my vacinity had either died of a rapid onset of old age or fled user added image

# 10 02-09-2003 , 08:42 AM
you know youre screwed when thay tell ya to calculate the volume of this...

dunno why i wold need to use it on business administration but its a exam question...

Attached Images
# 11 02-09-2003 , 08:42 AM
no they dont like you to tell em "i would inmerse it on liquid to know it user added image

Attached Images
# 12 02-09-2003 , 10:58 AM
ohhh ok the volume question wasnt that hard, maybe i can pass the whole maths exam... if i solved well the differential equations system (im not sure if i did)

Dont those guys know theres softawre to do those things? (or that you can make it yourself) instead of fighting big bunchs of ugly numbers? (i love brute force computationsuser added image)

Last edited by dragonfx; 02-09-2003 at 11:03 AM.
# 13 03-09-2003 , 04:50 AM
Hey was the answer for that thing with the image pi? It's always pi, right?:thumbsup:

# 14 03-09-2003 , 09:06 PM
LOL

you know your screwed when you think about repainting the bump map for that brick wall in front of you...

# 15 17-09-2003 , 08:08 PM
you know youre screwed when the pc starts to go sloooooowwww and the hardware speaker starts beeping like mad....