Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 29-09-2003 , 08:59 PM

LOTR: Return of the King Trailer

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 2 29-09-2003 , 09:04 PM
Kevin
now dont even get me started on this over-rated heap of shite either ! user added image

# 3 29-09-2003 , 09:13 PM
What can I say? Im a sucker for elven architecture and matte paintings.

# 4 29-09-2003 , 09:32 PM

Originally posted by NitroLiq
What can I say? Im a sucker for elven architecture and matte paintings.

Me too. user added image

# 5 29-09-2003 , 11:26 PM
LOTR KICKS ASS OF ALL MOVIES!! Can't wait. Kev man, yuz gotst some issues with good movies! user added image user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 6 30-09-2003 , 12:33 AM
Subscriber
No kidding I love these movies! I couldnt see the hipe on Matrix but LOTR is my all time favorite.

Sorry Kevin:p

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 7 30-09-2003 , 07:39 AM
Kevin
harry potter /LOTR (all version) and the matrix 2 =

The most over hyped junk ever to invade our screens, I was so board during LOTR2 I left with a about 20 mins to go, I just couldnt take it, I looked over and see my wife and jodie (aged 5) both asleep!

I wont even go near LOTR 3 ...no way!

# 8 30-09-2003 , 07:51 AM
Subscriber
Come master! Come to Smeagol.
Can't wait till december 17th user added image

whatever!
# 9 30-09-2003 , 10:56 AM
i agree in that they are the most hyped pieces of junk ever, but its a seeable junk kev, much better than lots of other movies out there...

lol, you just wernt out of the cinema when the the big battles started in lotr2? heheheheheheeee...

# 10 30-09-2003 , 01:15 PM
My biggest hangup with Two Towers film was with how they ended it earlier than its book counterpart. If they had followed the book a bit more, the setup for the final chapter would've been more of a cliffhanger similar to how Empire Strikes Back set up Return of the Jedi. I can understand why they probably did it, though...for pacing reasons. The last book is primarily Frodo, Sam, and Gollum climbing about mordor while everyone else is wrapped in war with Mordor's armies....not much variance there so including cirith ungol/shelob's lair gives a bit more variety.

LotR and the Hobbit hold a special place in my heart as those were really the first books that got me avidly hooked on reading as a kid and honestly, I'd rather sit and read them than watch a movie. Still, the folks at weta, the cast, and peter jackson worked hard on the film and I think it's a good interpretation. It may not be for everyone, though.

# 11 30-09-2003 , 01:18 PM
The Maya Mountain
Love the expressions on Gollum's face and the transitions between them!

# 12 30-09-2003 , 01:22 PM
Definitely. There's a scene in the trailer where Sam wants Frodo to dump Gollum and Frodo refuses. You just see Gollum shoot Sam the most sinister smile.

# 13 30-09-2003 , 11:08 PM
I think they cut out Shelob, to make sure the last movie was the best.

Kev man, the last 20 min, are the best. Realy, i think you hate all the REALY good movies. What kinda movies do you like "Dude wheres my car" kind stuff? I dun know how oyu dont like it.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 14 30-09-2003 , 11:21 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by Ultragames
Kev man, the last 20 min, are the best. Realy, i think you hate all the REALY good movies. What kinda movies do you like "Dude wheres my car" kind stuff? I dun know how oyu dont like it.

Both myself and my flat mate walked out of the cinema during the TT, personally i think you like all the really bad movies, but each to there own, my mum loved both the movies so far. Theres no accounting for taste.

And no Kev dont like many comedies just FYI.

Every one likes different things, I though the books we're crap as well so i was pretty much a shoe in not to like any of the movies.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 15 01-10-2003 , 01:40 AM
And you call yourself British! Bah! user added image