Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 28-01-2009 , 08:26 PM

maya question settings>perference

Hello animators, this question maybe does'nt example to animation, but was wondering when you set the settings>preferences: to foot/meter/inches etc. how do you know how much space you are measuring.
example( if I have my settings set to foot/feet, and I'm building a plane how do I know if is 40 feet by 50 feet in diameter, and say building the walls how would I know or tell if one room has 12 foot high walls and another room has 10 foot high walls). If that does'nt explain, umm say I'm designing a room like mines and the floor is 20 by 20 feet and the walls are ten feet by ten feet, how would I exact them dimensions? if anyone can help will be most thanked

# 2 28-01-2009 , 09:00 PM
You need to look into object's attributes as you model. In the channel box you can create objects of certain dimensions.
Also use 'Step Size' in the tool's attributes when modeling.

Create menu has measuring tools which can help you evaluate the dimensions.

Hope this helps,
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 3 28-01-2009 , 09:48 PM
Super Moderator
I think you can also use the grid as a visual aid if you turn on the grid numbers. Display>Grid>options.

- Genny