Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 61 21-05-2009 , 05:41 PM
Subscriber
Well, appears I should have had someone look at this before I posted it. I have been advised to have my girlfriend help me some with the tints that are in it. Sorry!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 62 21-05-2009 , 06:11 PM
mmm - yeah nice job tom - this is looking very cool - the change of color is really working now. well done mate! this is looking sweet!

# 63 21-05-2009 , 06:34 PM
Subscriber
Many thanks Arron!! You are very kind! I am learning a lot, and having much fun!! Hope that your day is good!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 64 21-05-2009 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
looking sweet user added image

i would like to see a picture before you have your girlfriend check over it... just out of curiosity

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 65 21-05-2009 , 09:44 PM
Looking great Tom, I can't wait to see your final image, I know you will be working hard on it and you have more to do but I'm sure it will only get better!
Good luck with the rest!

# 66 22-05-2009 , 12:39 AM
Subscriber
Thank you Chirone for that!! You did see a picture I just posted earlier today. I had posted that without anyone seeing it. I was told it had an odd hue. But you would get a kick out of some of the things I do with colors. My worst is if I try and do a dark blue. End up with purple every time!! ;-)

Dango, thank you. The Grubs are really look so nice!! Good work!!

# 67 23-05-2009 , 12:33 PM
Subscriber
Good morning! I did get the texuting to a point I think that I can move on to preparing the final scene. Here are shots from the front and back of what I have. Certainly enjoyed the experience of learning Dirt Mapping. But I need a LOT more practice at it!

I am sorry that we are getting so close to the end of this, as I really am enjoying it a lot.

Hope everyone has a good day and weekend!! ;-)

Here is the front view:

Attached Thumbnails

# 68 23-05-2009 , 12:34 PM
Subscriber
And from the back:

Attached Thumbnails

# 69 23-05-2009 , 12:39 PM
Subscriber
Love it

Its a great job you done there.

What have you got planned for the final scene ???

# 70 23-05-2009 , 02:20 PM
Subscriber
Tweety, thank you very much!! It has been much fun and learning. The fun was the best!!

I had mentioned to Chirone in an earlier post that one evening 2 weeks into this project as I was out having a smoke. Had a thought and made me laugh. I thought on it for awhile and have decided that is what I will do. I do hope that you will like it!!

Again, thank you!!

# 71 23-05-2009 , 04:00 PM
oh yeah - you've really pulled this together - loving all of the details - great job tom!

user added image

# 72 23-05-2009 , 07:17 PM
Subscriber
Arran, that pleases me so very much that you like it. I was so afraid it would not come together for many reasons. And I know I keep saying it, but sure has been a lot of fun!!

# 73 01-06-2009 , 12:36 AM
Excellent final image Tom!
The modeling is great and the fact that you've done something so different really sets it into a class of it's own!
Also I love that you've put some star wars paraphernalia on the notice board is a really nice touch, an original ticket stub from the 80's, brilliant!
best of luck!

# 74 01-06-2009 , 12:40 AM
Subscriber
i love the idea! it's awesome!
totally not like the other entries where the ships are actually in space!
it looks so much like it belongs there on that key chain too

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 75 01-06-2009 , 10:46 AM
Subscriber
Chirone and Dango, thank you both so much for liking the scene I created. I was very worried that it would not be liked and hoped that it might. And Chirone, I thought it look right at place also on the key chain.

Thanks guys so very much!!! ;-)