Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 07-04-2007 , 04:01 PM

Question about Particle

Is there a way to animate each component in a particle?
The effect I want is that first I have only one polygon sphere. I apply a emitter onto it. After a certain time, the ball seems to split into hundreds (components). I want them to freeze at a specific time. Then they start in random order and move in a common direction (maybe with different velocity). Is it possible to achieve this? Thanks!! :bow:

# 2 08-04-2007 , 10:10 AM
Maybe something like this: When you want your "split" to happen you could hide the original sphere but use it as a particle emitter. Then use the particle geometry instancer to replace the particles with your "components". I don't know what you mean by freezing them but it sounds like you want to use goals for your particles and animate the goal weights.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!