Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 14-03-2013 , 04:08 PM

Problem bridging between a duplicate object

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help me with this probably very simply problem.

As per the image attached, I have created a duplicate of a rectangular object, set Scale X to -1 to flip it around, removed the opposing faces and attempted to bridge these to create a solid polygonal object.

The result is badly skewed - it seems that the axis of the duplicate object may be confusing the bridge. I have tried deleting history and freezing transformations - no effect.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

user added image

# 2 14-03-2013 , 05:37 PM
Hi,

check your normals direction - you'll probable have to freeze transformations on the one you scaled by -1, then reverse its normals,

cheers

gubar

# 3 08-04-2013 , 10:38 PM
In your panel window, under Ligting menu, uncheck Two sided lighting while you are modeling. This will prevent missing flipped normals, and let you see them instantly when you duplicate.