SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Maya Modeling / clean and convert imported curves

Maya Modeling Everything on Modeling Techniques and Tools - NURBS, Polygons and Subdivisions Related in this Section.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

05-08-2018, 10:22 PM   #1
Hakoon
Subscriber

clean and convert imported curves
I'm importing construction curves from Illustrator for a building model.

I'm trying to remove all points between the corner points of a curve so that just the corner points remain.

The curve should also be converted to linear degree so that when I move a corner point the curve segments should remain straight and not bend.

I tried the Rebuild tool with the following options changed from their default setting:
Keep: CVs
Degree: Linear

This made the curve linear, but the curve points between the corner points remain and I have to remove them manually.

Using option "Keep: Ends" removes the points between the corners but distorts the shape of the curve!

Is there a way to convert to linear degree and automatically remove the points between the corners without distorting the shape of the curve?

Please see attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hakoon.png
Views:	50
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	57689  
06-08-2018, 03:11 AM   #2
David
SM Site Programmer

That i know of there is no way to do this automatically. If you find a way do let us know. Maybe someone here has an answer i'd be interested to find out myself