Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-10-2007 , 09:11 PM

UV mapping - mesh has been assigned two textures?

Hi,

been uv mapping a model, and something has gone wrong. When I select certain UVs on the mesh, I get the default black and white chequered texture. On others, I just get a blinn (my objects material). This is in the UV texture editor, and on the model, some of th mapped parts have the cheque, some just blinn.

Is there how do I then combine these both? (I've deleted the extra UV sets that I'd created by accident, by leaving "assign new shader" checked - this has probably got something to do with it).

Thanks,

gubar.

# 2 13-10-2007 , 12:59 AM
I dont know if you can combine them, you can choose which shader that goes to which texture tho, by using the uv map-texture link it can be found somewhere under the windows panels. (It might go under a different name I will look that up in a few hours when I get home. user added image)

# 3 13-10-2007 , 03:18 AM
Thanks for that,

been at it all day though and decided to start texturing something else (my character).

Got another issue: the stretching of the texture. As you can see, the nose area is showing stretching, and I can't get rid of it - is it possible to get a grid smooth on such an area on a character? Or, should I make a separate uv for the nose (and risk an obvious seam_?

here's an image:

thanks,

gubar

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 13-10-2007 , 04:08 AM
Badly need help now. I've just rotated my model to cylindrical map the arm, and when I rotate it back, the uv goes haywire. I also notice that the map I made of the ear has gone wierd, the face however is fine regardless of the rotation.

What the hell is going on?

cheers,

gubar

# 5 13-10-2007 , 04:13 AM
Delete the scene before the evil UV curse consumes you. user added image

Well the thing I was talking about earlier is located in Window>>Relationship Editors>>UV linking>>Texture-Centric.

If your uv change when you rotate the model, then something is weird. Good luck tho. user added image