Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-07-2008 , 06:17 PM

MattTheMan- summer

Hey everyone. I know i never finish projects and the like, but I've recently heard of this one from a friend (joopson user added image). So I'd like to enter.

I'm thinking about an electric guitar that's been left in the garage for a while... broken strings, rusty pickups, tarnished mud-covered body, scratched neck, and the likes. Probably a fender stratocaster.

I'll probably be modeling in Maya/Modo and rendering in Maxwell.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 2 21-07-2008 , 07:45 PM
I can't wait ^_^

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 21-07-2008 , 08:51 PM
Acid44
wicked idea man but, i'd say to not do a strat... there's too many of those flying around in cg imo

user added image

# 4 22-07-2008 , 04:30 PM

Originally posted by acid44
wicked idea man but, i'd say to not do a strat... there's too many of those flying around in cg imo

user added image

Thing is Matt, you need to model a guitar that some one would leave to rot in a garage, say an Ibanez, no one would leave a strat!

Joking!

Looking forward to what you come up with!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 25-07-2008 , 06:44 PM

Originally posted by gster123
Thing is Matt, you need to model a guitar that some one would leave to rot in a garage, say an Ibanez, no one would leave a strat!

Joking!

Looking forward to what you come up with!

Hmmm... that sounds fair enough. I thought strat because I have one. How about an old, classic guitar. What about a telecaster? Those are fairly ancient. I really want to stray away from an acoustic. I think that wouldn't serve my purpose.

I would say Les Paul... but I sure as hell wouldn't let one of those sit in my garage. That's glass case material. Then again, so are telecasters.

Even better idea! How about my first guitar, a First Act strat-imitation $120 piece of shit?

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg

Live the life you love, love the life you live