Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-03-2016 , 08:43 AM

Need to overlay a image with partial transparency over a shader

Hello

I am pretty new to Maya (two weeks of it), and I've recently started shading and texturing. I am using Maya 2016.

I have modeled a simple doll house. On it, I want a blinn shader, which I have set up. But over the blinn, I want to add some flower images to decorate the walls. I have unwrapped the UVs for the model, and placed the flowers where I want them, but I cannot get the blinn shader, and the flowers to both show up.

Either, I see only the blinn texture, or I see the flowers and all of the walls are transparent.

Is there a way to overlay the flowers over the blinn?

Any help would be super appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited by Hadidah; 06-03-2016 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Adding what version of Maya I'm using
# 2 06-03-2016 , 04:17 PM
Subscriber
Normally you would go then with a layered shader. Here you can add different Shaders over each other. But you have to make sure, that the layers don't cover each other up.
Maya has now also a new mental ray material, which works also with layers "mila material".
Try it out, check also Youtube for tutorials.