Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 76 31-03-2005 , 09:37 PM
Subscriber
They pupils through the upper eyelids are a bit disconcerting. The top of the hand seem just tad too flat, and I don't think there's enough definition where the shoulder connects to the arms (between the biceps/triceps).

Why boots at this stage? Are you like me and hate to draw or model feet? user added image

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 77 31-03-2005 , 10:02 PM
Technical Director
I think that she looks a little too skinny. also, right under he breasts, there is a weird protrusion.

Looks good though mate!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 78 01-04-2005 , 07:24 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Dj

I think you really need to sort the mid area too, as its just very blocky right now and shes also bo-legged like a cowboy, Im surprised somebody else hasnt picked up on this. The proportions are quite a way off looking at the latest render. If you need reference go to www.fineart.sk for the free samples, if not I'll email you some either t'nite or over the weekend.
She needs to be more curvy and natural basically. Humans are the hardest thing to create in 3d so be aware of how we are and keep looking at people, sounds weird but its true. And if you have a girl friend and she understands what you are trying to to do get her to get her kit off so you can see how things are ( this is purely from a professional point of view) Thats the best way to do it!! then you have every possible angle to get stuff to look good.

Best of luck
Jango

# 79 01-04-2005 , 07:48 AM
Subscriber
lots and lots of tweeks for a long time to get down the shapes right with the human. Its true.. Every one knows how they should be,, but acualy makeing one in 3d is hard.. so you get a lot of things pointed out.. and it seams really hard.. Just keep going.. your doing great.. your always doing great if you keep going with something to perfect it..

# 80 01-04-2005 , 11:54 AM
thanks for the comments, guys!

mhcannon: hehe, thats right, I dont wanna spend and eternity model the feet when they wont show in the final image anyway.

peltra: I know, I'll fix that next time I'll work on the model.

Jango, I know she's not that curvy I want her to be, damn it's hard. I've looked and TONS of different pictures, I even got two good side and front views of a female to use as background planes, and according to them it seems like the proportions are ok. I also thinks she looks like a cowboy though, and the head looks to big, after I enlarged it to match the ref picture. I'd appreciate if you have some good side/front views to mail me, mail them to andreas@blazer.nu.

Pony: Thanks for the encouragement, I'll keep on going...

# 81 01-04-2005 , 05:23 PM
DJ
You got mail dude!!

_J

# 82 01-04-2005 , 06:02 PM
Thanks Jango! Much appreciated, very good stuff indeed.

# 83 01-04-2005 , 10:16 PM
Did some more work today on the legs and stomach, think it looks a little better now. The lower part of the stomach looks way to flat though.

Attached Thumbnails
# 84 01-04-2005 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber
DjbLAZER,
Can you post some birdseye views? looking at the definition along the arms and the shoulder/neck area.

Did you tweak the hips? they look rounder or is this a result of the stomach work?

Anyway, press on, keeps looking better.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."

Last edited by mhcannon; 02-04-2005 at 04:06 PM.
# 85 01-04-2005 , 11:46 PM
Subscriber
I see you seam to have worked on the rib's under the breast some. There better but not there yet. On the sides they seem to sloap down sharply, that isn't there. The edge of the outside of them that goes down and around to the sides keeps going a bit farther to the sides but blends in gradualy.

I will not mention the tummy part as your working on that still.

# 86 02-04-2005 , 07:48 AM
Good job - this model has really progressed!!

Here's my critique: The abdomen overlaps the front of the leg muscles a little too much (you should get more of a V shape than a U). From this angle, it looks like you need to have the jaw bone come a little further down from the ears (decreasing the angle to the chin some). Lower the knees and scale out the whole bottom half of the leg. The arms and hands are too flat in the Y direction...and the hands look just a bit too small. Push the eyes back in the head a little. Give her more of an armpit by forming the muscle that comes across the arm and down into the breast.

Keep up the good work - this is going to be an awesome model!!!

# 87 02-04-2005 , 08:47 PM
Thanks guys for the comments!

I've tweaked some more today, the arms and the abs mostly.

Attached Thumbnails
# 88 28-04-2005 , 11:04 PM
Subscriber
This may have already been said, but whats up with the high heels thing. Stripper maybe?

# 89 29-04-2005 , 12:32 AM
hehe... I didn't wanna spend an eternity modelling the feet..simple as that.

# 90 29-04-2005 , 07:32 AM
Dude

Getting there though you may want to scale the head down a bit. Also her arms are raised so you will need some more'volume' on the shoulder area and a bit more definiton around the breast and armpit area.

LAter

_J