Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-04-2009 , 03:33 AM
Subscriber

background images

Hey all,

In my excitement of finally getting Maya complete ordered (it should be here next week) I started going through some of my old photo's that I've taken over the last three years to use as background images for when the need calls for em. Without tooting my own horn some of these turned out really nice. So I posted them on the train wreck that is a website of mine so that you guys could use them as well. Funny enough I haven't used the webspace in years but was still paying for it... I'm scatter brained. :blush: Most of the pictures are of the ocean in various parts of the Pacific. Most are from Alaska with a smattering of Hawaii, Russia, American Samoa, and California thrown in. If you guys can find a use for the images then feel free to use them. They're located here.

www.wolfgang3d.com/mbgim/backgrounds.html

Fair warning though my webskills are pretty much non existent. So its slow loading even though they're thumbnails. I think a few of the images are a little blurry but may be usefull.

Enjoy!

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 2 26-04-2009 , 10:15 PM
EduSciVis-er
The reason they load so slow is that they're actual 2000 X 2000 (or something like that) scaled to 50x50 by the website, so you have to load the full-size picture. If you made a copy of the image and scaled it to 50x50 in photoshop and then used that as a link to the full size image, it would load a lot faster.

I made the same mistake about a month ago when I was helping with a website (not really my area either).

The images look nice though!

# 3 27-04-2009 , 02:47 AM
Subscriber
Hey thanks for the heads up. I'll retailor the thumbnails for ease of use.user added image

~To create a new world through the imagination