Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 03-03-2016 , 01:38 AM

Keyframes not appearing on timeline?

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm a relative newbie to Maya animation, but I definitely know the fundamentals of animation. However, I'm totally stumped here: the keyframes I've been setting in my animations have suddenly stopped appearing on the timeline. They still work, but not having them on the timeline is really a hassle. I know I could still use the dope sheet, but I'd rather the keyframes just appear on the timeline like normal.

I've tried multiple files and even re-installed Maya on my computer, but the keyframes still don't appear. I haven't found anything on the internet that seems to fix this problem. Is this a known issue? Did I accidentally hit a weird button or something? Thanks for any help you can give!

# 2 03-03-2016 , 05:03 PM
EduSciVis-er
What are you keying? The keyframes will only appear when the node that has the keys is selected. Navigate to the attributes with the keys in the attribute editor, and hit the select button at the bottom. Then see if they keys appear in the timeline. Hope that helps.

# 3 08-03-2016 , 01:13 AM

What are you keying? The keyframes will only appear when the node that has the keys is selected. Navigate to the attributes with the keys in the attribute editor, and hit the select button at the bottom. Then see if they keys appear in the timeline. Hope that helps.

Thanks, but that doesn't solve the problem. The keyframes simply don't appear on the timeline at all, even if the object is selected/I'm currently animating it.

# 4 23-12-2016 , 07:33 PM
I am having this exact problem which I have never experienced before. Has anybody found a fix for this yet?