Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-12-2003 , 12:18 PM
Subscriber

Filleting Problem

Hi

I need to fillet a surface to 2 adjacent surfaces - how can it be done.

[ I never manage the attach surfaces thing ]

Thanks

NIR

Attached Thumbnails

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com
# 2 09-12-2003 , 07:24 AM
Subscriber
i don't think u can (simultaniously at least) since they r 2 different surfaces. ur best bet is to attach the 2 adjacent surfaces into one, or if u donot want to , u can do a half fillet on one surface then do another half fillet on the other adjacent surface ( i could be wrong tho...user added image )
try also duplicating the adjacent surfaces the attach them (the duplicates) into one. (leave the dup. surface dead smack on the original 2 adjaccent ones, then with thte newly attached duplicated surface, do a fillet for it. then simply hide the duplicated surface this way only the fillet and the fillet object is visible along with the 2 adjacent original surfaces. hope this helped.user added image

# 3 09-12-2003 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
vlad

but trimmed surfaces vannot be attached and the second idea would not give me the resulting fillet where I want it.

Thanks

Nir

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com