Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 28-08-2004 , 02:06 PM
Subscriber
Nice progress, cant w8 for more updates user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 17 28-08-2004 , 03:59 PM

Originally posted by TreyZ32

Can the lower leg section move freely on the 'knee' pivot without interfering with the upper leg section?

To a certain extent, I believe it can. It can't go all the way in though, because the underside of the lower leg will hit the conduit that loops under the upper leg. I'll look into that a little more and see if I have to adjust anything.

# 18 28-08-2004 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber
That model (the real one) looks far too expensive to be sensible.

# 19 28-08-2004 , 11:47 PM
You can get them for about $30-40 if you know where to look. I don't know whether your familiar with it or not. The reason I bought the Defiler is it sports one of the strongest weapons in 40K with an awesome range (72 inches), a decent array of secondary weaponry and and great close combat weapons. All in all, for a few points more than a Dreadnought, you can get something a hell of a lot better.

# 20 29-08-2004 , 04:42 PM
Subscriber
Ya.. thats the thing I hate about GW: new stuff always better, especialy if the idiot Gav Torp is involved...

I play Ultramarines, so I guess you can feel my pain of having NOTHING special about my troops...

Anyways, I think way too many people are playing chaos, here in montreal I think that more than 25% are, this is a bit sad...

Back to the model: great work! Cant wait for more, especialy the animation!

# 21 30-08-2004 , 06:05 AM
2/3rds of the length of the underside of the Defiler 90% complete. So far as the detail is concerned, all I need to do is duplicate some rivets and add them where appropriate. Other than that, it's done. There's actually more detail and subtlety on the real model itself...but I honestly think if I don't draw the line somewhere, I am seriously just gonna snap.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Tzeentch; 30-08-2004 at 06:13 AM.
# 22 30-08-2004 , 06:42 PM

Originally posted by Mantat
Anyways, I think way too many people are playing chaos, here in montreal I think that more than 25% are, this is a bit sad...

Bah---dude, there's nothing wrong with playing Chaos. The only problem I have is when people try to mix and match opposed gods in their army and only squeak by on the rules. I think if you're going to play Chaos, you need to devote yourself to one god and GO with it.

# 23 30-08-2004 , 06:55 PM
Subscriber
My problem is not with the Chaos army list, its more that everytime I want to play, I can only find Chaos players! its getting boring. Especialy that I lose 75% of the times because I refuse to use powergamer tactics vs Chaos.

I really wish I could play vs the Tau or the Necron, it would be a nice change. Or even the dark Eldars, but the minis are so ugly that noone wants to play them...

Anyways, keep more modeling! I want to see that thing in action!

# 24 30-08-2004 , 07:07 PM
Thanks. 8-) See, I got into 40k playing Iyanden Eldar and then I got some chaos too and found I really enjoyed playing that army. I have the same problem here...except it's with the damn 'nids. EVERYBODY down here in Montana plays Tyranids. Having a ten man chaos space marine squad get charged down by 25 gaunts...... Not good. I haven't played against the Tau yet...and I only played against the Necrons once. I lost---bad. If you think Chaos is bad--Necrons are even more geared for powergaming.

# 25 01-09-2004 , 05:21 AM
The finished underside. Work begins tomorrow on the upper side of the thorax.

Attached Thumbnails
# 26 03-09-2004 , 06:56 AM
The central cylinder is 90% finished--more work will be done on it when I get to the point of doing the Defiler's 'head'.

Here's the beginnings of the top-side of the Defiler.

C&C welcome.

Attached Thumbnails
# 27 06-09-2004 , 05:44 AM
Today's progress:

Attached Thumbnails
# 28 07-09-2004 , 03:36 AM
Looking good! Keep it up! user added image

Trev.

# 29 08-09-2004 , 06:09 AM
Today's progress:

Attached Thumbnails
# 30 10-09-2004 , 05:56 AM
The 99% completed body portion of the Defiler...ready for minor detail (i.e. rivets)

Attached Thumbnails

Tzeentch