Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-03-2003 , 05:50 AM
Subscriber

Programmers, can you help me out?

Hey guys, i have a problem. Someone confronted me today and asked me if i could make a program (most likely just a script webbased) that would allow you to punch in a name, what they bought and the total ammount, probably 3 text boxes in a form through a php file. Just does anyone know if its simple with php to make a database for MySQL that will record maybe four columbs that can link to a php file (or anything that would work, html if possible) that when you punch in the names in the boxes they fall under that part in the table? If not then thats fine, or if you can send me somewhere with a free thing like what i have explained, then that would be great. Ok, cya later.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 26-03-2003 , 07:01 AM
Subscriber
hmm... sorry.. I was hoping to help you but I'm not into PHP and web programming all that much... user added image I'll still try to find some info though....

-Emo

# 3 26-03-2003 , 07:23 AM
Sry, PHP is oen of the only Web languages i dont know. I was thinking i could help you out with a Java Applet or something, but i dont think so. Getting it to save that information in an applet is a huge job!

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 4 31-03-2003 , 03:23 PM
Subscriber
Hi Matt,

I don't know much about php or MySQL... I'm more into ASP... user added image

but I reasently saw 3D Buzz had some Video Tutorials about PHP, when I was looking for some Maya Vids... user added image
https://www.3dbuzz.com/

ISSUE 1:
Installing Apache
Installing PHP 4
Configuring for PHP
Adding PHP to HTML
Intro to Variables
Installing MySQL
Intro to DATABASES
Intro to Tables
Working with DATA

ISSUE 2:
Introduction
MySQL User Account
Integrating PHP & MySQL
Writing a Counter Script
For Loops ans Arrays
IF Statements
POST, GET, & FORMS
Writing a Guestbook
Writing a Stat Tracker
phpMyAdmin

there's about +/- 337 minuts (almost 5 hours) video in total...

btw. it helps to post a few post to get a better place in the download que if there's a lot of downloaders... user added image

regards

Strarup

# 5 31-03-2003 , 03:51 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Strarup! I am busy with other work at the moment, but tonight i will definately take a look at those. Once again, thanks a lot!

# 6 31-03-2003 , 04:12 PM
I could ask the programmer we use at work for our websites..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 7 31-03-2003 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber
Ah, thankyou caligraphics.. i dont want you to go to that much trouble though, seeing it sounds that it is not easy to do user added image. One thing i would love to know now is, if you make a database in MySQL, is there an easy way to print it off, like have the table display in Internet Explorer, and then i can print it from there? Thanks.

# 8 31-03-2003 , 05:51 PM
Eeep.. I dunno .. its way too deep for me.. I just concentrate on designing, and then give the stuff to the programmer user added image

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 9 03-04-2003 , 06:42 PM

Originally posted by M
Ah, thankyou caligraphics.. i dont want you to go to that much trouble though, seeing it sounds that it is not easy to do user added image. One thing i would love to know now is, if you make a database in MySQL, is there an easy way to print it off, like have the table display in Internet Explorer, and then i can print it from there? Thanks.

You can use mysqlAdmin. Nice GUI for working with mySQL-databases.