Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-08-2007 , 06:02 AM

Problem with View Windows

I'm using Maya 6.5 and when I first started using it on my computer everything worked fine. Now, for some reason all the four view windows are completely gray when I start it up. Sometimes I can zoomed way in on the perspective window and find the grid but the other three views are impossible to find the gird or any of the models. When I do find the grid or the object I'm modeling in the perspective view it disappears when I zoom out just a little bit and I have to be zoomed in really far. It wasn't like this before and I'm not sure what caused it to stop working.
If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me.

Thanks
Alex

# 2 04-09-2007 , 06:03 PM
I don't know if you've already solved the problem or not, but anyways if before it worked and now it doesn't try closing maya, delete the folder prefs in maya in my documents and restarting maya. See if it works. THis should reset all your preferences.