SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Maya tips & tricks

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post
Page 14 of 14 « First 4 12 13 14

14-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #196
Jay
Lead Modeler - Framestore

What particular tip or trick is of interest to you, maybe we can update few of the posts

Jay
14-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #197
treazon

Quote:
What particular tip or trick is of interest to you, maybe we can update few of the posts

Jay
I did not have any one particular tip/trick in mind I just noticed as I was glancing through that none of them stated which version they referred too and being relatively new to both the program and the site I thought it would be useful to know which trick's may or may not be compatible with the version each user is using...I guess my main thought was that new posts should have this information included if updates to "old" posts could add the information that would be wonderful; however, I do realize that would be a monumental undertaking for just one or two people to do.
14-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #198
Jay
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Well just having a quick scan thru the old posts, theres not really anything thats changed much. Maya has changed from the core really and not the tertiary stuff such as hotkey and commands -maybe one or two things but generally not. So you should be safe.

If you find something has changed then post your findings here......

thanks
Jay
20-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #199
treazon

Quote:
Hoping that this might become a library for those little gems that are hidden or that make maya easier, more productive, or just plain cool. As I learn Maya, I am also teaching it to others in my shop. One thing I've found helpful is the annotation feature located under the create menu. This assigns a flyout and a text label to a selected object. Text stays parallel to the camera's view plane and does not render so it is perfect for providing in scene instructions and explanations. For those of you that create your own rigs with curves, this would also be a good workflow solution if you have to pass your rig to someone else.

Here is quick sample of annotation in scene:
I'm wondering if there is anyway to make something like this in the UV maps? it would be a big help if I could add an annotation that would be readable in photoshop or other program when I'm applying textures to my maps even something as simple as "this is bottom of object" or "this is front of object" could make things SO MUCH easier
25-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #200
atc2323

As far as I remember there is a T-Rex VIP training video on this site. It shouldn't take too much effort to change certain bit 's to make it into a dragon.

06-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #201
OasisUnknown

Simple Snapping Tricks
Demonstrates some simple and useful snapping tricks.

QT_UsefullSnappingTips.avi - YouTube
27-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #202
stwert
EduSciVis-er

Just discovered this one today by accident. If you marquee select, then hold alt/option, you can move the marguee selection around as a whole to fine tune your selection.
27-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #203
PierreLeSang

Someone finds it annoying when using Split Polygon Tool you have to press Enter and then press G to use it again. So here's the solution, when u created a split that u need, just press RMB and u will be able to create new one without exiting from the tool. Cheers.
Page 14 of 14 « First 4 12 13 14