SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Sculpting tools problem

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

13-10-2018, 02:13 PM   #1
picassolibs

Sculpting tools problem
I'm a noob. I've created a model of a fish and I need to make some sculpting adjustments. I select my object (in Viewport or Outliner), then go to Sculpting slot in the Shelf, click on an instrument (e.g. Sculpt tool) and when I try it on the fish only small square appears instead of a cursor with selection box when I click and drag on the object (as if it wants me to select an object to work with). But when I create some new object (e.g. Sphere) in the same scene my Sculpt tool takes the shape of a brush (a small cursor circle with a big circle of brush size) and I can sculpt that sphere. Why can't I sculpt the fish then? Why doesn't Maya recognize my fish as an object? Please help!

Last edited by picassolibs; 13-10-2018 at 02:19 PM.
30-10-2018, 01:19 AM   #2
principle3

My guess would be it's because your object is in a group and your not selecting the geo you're selecting the group open the outliner and select the geo you want to work with.

Tags
sculpt