Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 09-03-2008 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber

batch render cutting out

hey
I run maya 2008 on a macbook pro 3gb ram, when im rendering an animation using maya software the batch rendering application quits at about 119 frames in, every time i do an animation (the animation will still render in the background but the batch render quites. It not a massive animation and i thought my computer would handle it.

Anyone else have this problem?

# 2 09-03-2008 , 03:35 PM
first off, don't render out to a movie file (avi or mov).

render out to still images like TGA - that way if the render quits, you can start it back up wherever it left off by simply changing your render settings.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 09-03-2008 , 11:13 PM
Subscriber
ok will try that. what do you used to put all picts together into a movie?

the rendering doesnt quit but the read out on the console gets stuck at a particular frame. It doesnt matter now because i'll try the tga route

cheers

# 4 09-03-2008 , 11:36 PM
I use after effects to composit and put together my animations although there are other packages out there for this.

Good Luck