Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-02-2008 , 01:01 AM
Subscriber

after effects

Hi guys a friends of mine asked me to make something for him in maya that he wants to use in after effects however i have no ideer how i can convert it to a file that he can use cause he still need a 3d file so he can move it around and stuff so if any of you can help me i would be very gladuser added image

# 2 13-02-2008 , 04:08 AM
after effects is a compositing program. there is no such thing as being able tosave a file in 3d env. for AE. depends on what your friend wants ultimately, you will have to plan it and then model /animate in maya. then you can save as avi or a sequence of images if there is an animtion and use it in after effects.

but you will have to know what the final project is so that you can composite /model /animate well. but you cant create a 3d model and use it like you can in maya. 4 eg if you want a the footage of a man to be composited with a say a model you built in maya. you will have to see the footage then model accordingly so that when you composite in AE it blends together.

# 3 13-02-2008 , 05:47 AM
Subscriber
alright thanksuser added image