Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 21-03-2008 , 04:36 PM

Free cloth tutorial

I have a problem with this tutorial.
In the begining when it comes to loading CpCloth... form the plug in manager, I can't it says no license but i can plug in everything else.Anyone know what's the problem?

# 2 21-03-2008 , 04:58 PM
Subscriber
That is the old cloth engine, Maya still comes with it but you need to contact Autodesk to get the license to use it. nCloth is the new cloth engine in Maya and is a much faster, more accurate simulator that the old cloth engine.

Chris

# 3 21-03-2008 , 05:06 PM
Is there any similar way of making cloth in maya 2008 to the one in the tutorial?

# 4 21-03-2008 , 08:36 PM
Subscriber
The easiest way to make something like a t shirt is to model it (this can be done by duplicating the faces around the body where the tshirt would lie and scale them out a little) and then select the geometry and go to 'nCloth' > 'create nCloth'.

You would then make the body interact with the shirt by going to 'nCloth' > 'create passive', or similar to these tabs (I don't have Maya open so can't be more specific).

That is the basic way to make something like that, you would then need to start tweaking with the attributes of the cloth for desired effects, etc, but thats the basic flow as far as I can remember.

Chris

# 5 22-03-2008 , 04:00 AM
Subscriber
maybe one of the mods should do an intro tut to it.., say 2 or 4 points.., something quick/cheap but worth everyones while.

dont need it myself, im learning it at school.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 6 22-03-2008 , 08:13 AM
Ok thanks i'll try it today.

# 7 22-03-2008 , 08:14 AM
Senior Software Developer
The Maya 2008 Help Files should contain a quick tutorial to cover nCloth. As stated about MayaCloth requires a seperate licence to run on 8.5 and 2008.

https://area.autodesk.com/index.php/b...g_list/nCloth/

This is a blog that covers nCloth and should give enough info to get started with...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 8 22-03-2008 , 12:32 PM
Thanks all.
It's going really well, soon some more W.I.P.'s.