Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 26-04-2009 , 07:14 PM

error loading scene

Hey everyone, ok so im having a problem loading scene files in maya 2009, i just installed it on my home computer and they wont work. Yet, they work at school in the computer labs. I have an HP pavilion dv6000 with 4G of ram and an nvidia geforce 7150. This is what the script editor says when i get the error message.

file -f -typ "mayaBinary" -o "C:/Users/Will/Desktop/dm4_RocketHelmet_09_mine/scenes/scene_4_3.mb";addRecentFile("C:/Users/Will/Desktop/dm4_RocketHelmet_09_mine/scenes/scene_4_3.mb", "mayaBinary");
requires "Mayatomr" "10.0.1.8m - 3.7.1.26 ";
requires "stereoCamera" "10.0";
// File read in 6 seconds.
// Warning: Can't perform polyCut5 on selection //
// Warning: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
Please check the Script Editor for details. //

# 2 29-04-2009 , 09:31 PM
Subscriber
could be wrong, but are the mental ray and stereo camera plugins loaded?

go to the list of plug ins (somewhere in the window > preferences menu i think) and look for those plug ins Mayatomr and stereoCamera

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 30-04-2009 , 03:10 AM
I just checked what you suggested and both mayatomr and stereocamera are loaded. I have no idea what is going on haha. Thanks a bunch for posting though.

# 4 12-05-2009 , 05:51 AM
I get the exact same error message when trying to load scene,Have you found a solution?

Marble Host provides Web Hosting Service with Instant Hosting Account setup
# 5 12-05-2009 , 08:47 PM
nope, still got nothin, ive just been using the lab's computers. It works fine any files besides the one for that specific project. I cant find anything anywhere.

# 6 12-05-2009 , 09:13 PM
The Nurb Herd
are you using maya 2009 in your computer labs?

# 7 13-05-2009 , 03:18 AM
yes, it is 2009 in the lab and on my home computer

# 8 13-05-2009 , 08:38 AM
go to your school lab systems. load the scene up and then save it out as maya ascii and see if you can read that in.

Also you could save it out as obj or fbx and try reading those in. This will delete any strange or incomputable history nodes and should let you read the file in on your home machine.

If this fixes the problem and you can then systematically delete elements from the history to find where the incompatibility is and resolve it.

Also both the lab and home machines of maya 2009 but are they both the same level? I mean both unlimited, complete, etc. If one is unlimited and the other is complete for instance you can have issues.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 13-05-2009 at 08:40 AM.
# 9 18-05-2009 , 07:20 PM
Banned
you could try just changing the extension to what ever its supposed to be
or if you have loads, in fcheck go to save as movie/sequence (depending what you want), and see if that works