Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-01-2014 , 02:57 AM

Issue on applying extrude to a curve with a NURB circle as reference

Hello SimplyMaya community, I just registered as I very recently gotten into Maya and I'm still learning the ropes as I'm following basic tutorials to get myself started. However I ran into some trouble and I've been unsuccessful in finding a solution on the web, probably due to my lack of knowledge and how I specified the issue on my search, as such I'm resorting to you more experienced folks, please take care of me. user added image

Now on the problem:

I created a curve using the CV Curve tool then tried to apply extrude (surface) on the curve by previously selecting a NURB circle so I could hopefully apply geometry to that curve using the circle as a reference (correct me on that if necessary), however the opposite happened, even though I had shift-selected NURB circle > Curve, the curve was applied to the circle and generated itself into a random curve with geometry.

In a long shot, I tried to access the Outliner window in order to see if there was some priority issue but alas I couldn't understand if that was the case.

So that's my current problem, unfortunately I'm not able to advance into my tutorial until I manage to get this sorted, I hope any of you will be able to lend me a hand on this, thank you! user added image

# 2 08-01-2014 , 03:07 AM
Thanks to another thread in this forum I was able to solve the issue, thank you! user added image