Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 13-06-2003 , 03:37 AM

3DS import Cant Assign Textures

Hi
When i import some 3ds meshes in2 maya & try 2 assign textures
i cant, the mesh seems 2 become transparent (hardware Texture is on),I can assign a colour but no texture,This only happens with sum meshes... Any help Please... Thanks:bgreen:

# 2 13-06-2003 , 04:15 AM
Check the normals of your faces.
If need, reverse them.

Hope this helps.

# 3 13-06-2003 , 07:12 AM
and check your UV's aswell

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 4 13-06-2003 , 08:44 AM
Thanks 4 ur replys guys.. but if i used maya 4 20years i'd still be a newbie,So im not 2 sure what ur talking about... So
I went in2 the Relationship Editor,& created a UV set
This seems 2 work fine now
Please let me know if this was not what u meant, a little step by step buide would help Thanks

# 5 17-06-2003 , 04:09 AM
If there wasn't any UV's saved with the 3ds exported model, then the model will not have a shader assigned to it when you import it into Maya. You can assign a UV set either by automatic mapping or any other type of mapping you choose. You can later create a better UV layout when you need to. Once the model has a UV set, you can assign any shader you want.