Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 16-12-2003 , 09:28 AM

May be a stupid idea...

I was just wondering, i was looking at some o fmy old art with other programs, and i recall a trophy room i made with one, it just happens i made a lot of objects, and imported them into the seen, however i started making objects for the seen itself and so on and then turned my trophy room into an office and it was then its own thing, but i lost my train of though,

I was thinking, would it be weird to make a maya file, and Import a few of your files into it, as a trophy room of your created works. Obviously if you made like 10 cars they would be hard to fit in the room, however you could shrink them, make them RC cars or models on a shelf. a sword you made could hang on the wall. Make a few simple cases and shelves and start putting things up. Model a person and you could have them ad a dummy in the room, or like i did before, import the saved image of it, onto a plane and create a frame, making a picture of it.

(i then took the whole room, got an image of it, split it up in pieces, and put it on my old website so you click on what was small ornement on the desk, and it would give you a close up of the object in a new window... so on.

I just thought it was different and thought someone else might like to try, see some interesting esults you can have seeing most of your creations in a single room.

Ide do it myself, but as of now i have one nearly complete model..

# 2 16-12-2003 , 09:32 AM
Didn't we do something like this a long time ago? Can't remember how it turned out though user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 16-12-2003 , 09:36 AM
I didnt mean as a whole community, but as a single persons projects, but a group of people assebling their stuff would work too, assuming you limited it to things that could be placed in the seen and look reasonably correct...

# 4 16-12-2003 , 10:58 AM
Subscriber
seems like a neet idea.. thanks twisted

# 5 17-12-2003 , 01:07 AM
Why do I have this vision of scaling an object down and having the parts fly in 50 different directions? user added image

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 6 17-12-2003 , 11:11 AM
Nitro: Pardon?

Um... .... dont follow you.

# 7 17-12-2003 , 08:04 PM
Ever build a model at a certain scale out of a lot of pieces then try to scale it down? Depending on local/global scale settings, the pieces may scale according to their own coordinates.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 8 18-12-2003 , 09:30 PM
Why not just make a composite video of your models / scenes. For example a few seconds of a car model, fade out, and fade into a character model. You could do camera work to make it interesting, but that would be neat.

Or a less bandwidth intensive option would be a powerpoint presentation or a flashvideo.

# 9 23-12-2003 , 08:42 AM
I guess theres many ways of doing it. I just thought it would be cool. A trophy room style. But a slideshow would be handy to show how you have progressed.

# 10 25-12-2003 , 06:19 PM
Simply Maya OG

Originally posted by NitroLiq
Ever build a model at a certain scale out of a lot of pieces then try to scale it down? Depending on local/global scale settings, the pieces may scale according to their own coordinates.

Thats why you group them all together user added image. But yea Twisted....I might just do that. user added image

- Hybrid