SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Dynamics & Special Effects / Constrain camera to water drop?

Dynamics & Special Effects Maya Particles, nDynamics, Fluids, Rigid Bodies & General VFX

Join the conversation. Reply to post

05-08-2008, 12:56 AM   #1
richchong

Constrain camera to water drop?
I imported my mesh of a simple drop of water splashing into a pool. wondering how I can constrain a camera so that it follows the drop -- so that the drop is centered with the Film Origin of the camera.

Was hoping there would be a way to constrain a face of the water drop to the camera, but not sure how to do it.
05-08-2008, 03:01 AM   #2
Gen
Super Moderator

Re: Constrain camera to water drop?
Quote:
Originally posted by richchong
I imported my mesh of a simple drop of water splashing into a pool. wondering how I can constrain a camera so that it follows the drop -- so that the drop is centered with the Film Origin of the camera.

Was hoping there would be a way to constrain a face of the water drop to the camera, but not sure how to do it.
Duplicate a face on the model, tell Maya not to render it, and parent the camera's aim to the face?
::|| My Maya FAQ ||::
05-08-2008, 03:28 AM   #3
richchong

i just tried that, but since it is a realflow mesh, there are no translation properties on the face i duplicate so the camera remains stationary.
05-08-2008, 03:40 AM   #4
Gen
Super Moderator

Then you may need to create a dummy object and snap or constrain it to the drop to get the coordinates right, then do what suggested above.
::|| My Maya FAQ ||::