Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-04-2007 , 11:50 PM

rotation probs

I am modeling the handle bars for a bike but am having trouble keeping everything in order. It is hard to see in the pic but some areas are larger than others and the rotation of the control vertexes is off in places. I have modeled this with a simple nurbs cylinder and then adapted the control vertexes.
If anyone knows if there is a better way to create this object or anything I can do which will smooth out the angles it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Leon

# 2 14-04-2007 , 11:52 PM
Pic

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 15-04-2007 , 04:32 AM
I don't know exactly how the pros would do it but I would personally draw the shape of the handle bars with the curve tool (front view or side view). Then I would display the CV's (display menu). Then goto CV selection mode and start adjusting the CV's in the other view. Then, make a circle the same diameter as the handle bars and extrude it on the curve.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 15-04-2007 , 09:02 PM
Cheers worked a treat.