SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Animation / creating whole animation in one big scene file

Animation Animation & Rigging Related Topics

Join the conversation. Reply to post

30-11-2016, 05:14 PM   #1
samwilliams

creating whole animation in one big scene file
Hello,

i have a 1.45 minute long animation, with just one character dancing around a room. There are many shot changes in the final video, but i was wondering if it was really necessary to save a different scene file for each and every shot. Wouldn't it just be a lot cleaner to animate the entire sequence in one maya file and just render the whole thing at the end?

thanks,
Sam
01-12-2016, 11:41 AM   #2
Gen
Super Moderator

You can make however many cameras in any given scene file. The common tab in the render settings has a "renderable camera" section where you can add existing cameras for Maya to render through during batch. Identical copies of the same scene for each camera would be more cumbersome.
::|| My Maya FAQ ||::