Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-09-2006 , 02:31 PM
Subscriber

Wobbly eyes??? help!!

Could someone please have a look at this small animation and give me some advise as how to fix my characters wobbly eyes? (they dont move smoothly with his head)

it doesnt seem to happen all the time but when it does I just dont know why.

animation is here

Sometimes you eat the bear...Sometimes the bear eats you...
Either way...shit happens

https://www.fadedseoul.com
# 2 05-09-2006 , 08:11 PM
I looked at your animation which I liked very much. Sorry, but without knowing how you rigged the eyes, I can't really know what the problem is. If the eyes are parented to the skeleton then the skeleton must me causing the wobbly movement but, I don't know how that would happen unless you animated to joints to do that. By any chance are you using springs to hold the eyes to the skeleton? I usually like to reproduce the problem before I try to fix it but I can't do that without knowing more about your rig. To be honest, I kind of like the eye wobble.

# 3 06-09-2006 , 03:29 AM
Subscriber
Velusion, haha, thanks for taking the time to think about my problem....Yeah the whole body is parented together...The eyes to the body.

what I think the prob could be is that the characters body has been made soft so the antenna and stomach wobble..so I have to hide the original when its render time. But I have not made the eye area or head soft....hmmm...I will keep trying to see what the problem is....I dont mind problems it just sucks when you cant find the source of it!!!

Thanks again for the help....It does look kinda cartoony when his eye move around like that!!!

# 4 06-09-2006 , 03:57 PM
THe eyes are parented to the body? Try parenting each eye to a joint on the skeleton.

# 5 25-09-2006 , 12:41 PM
Subscriber
Total newb here, but I just had to chime in... I really liked the wobbly eyes....:p its a "cartoonie" thing.. made me laugh.. and the anim is really good. Thanks for sharing....user added image

# 6 25-09-2006 , 02:21 PM
Subscriber
Hi Blayd,
Thanks for your comments...I still havent found out why it is doing it :headbang: , but now I wonder if i should just leave it, it does look kinda funny!.......I am testing all angles with this character before I beging to make the short movie he will star in....

# 7 26-09-2006 , 10:39 AM
Subscriber
I'm in the same boat. Working through a book, getting used to how the tools in Maya work, getting familiar before I start playing with some animation books. Nice work.. cant wait to see how it comes out. I'm like you, I always want to know why its doing, ( or not doing ) what its doing...user added image