Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-01-2006 , 09:45 PM
Subscriber

Just some Newb Questions

hi .. i'm starting to learn maya, my 4th day now .. i'll post all my questions in this same topic from now on ..

I was just curious, will models made with maya 4. 5. 6 work well when imported in with maya 7 ?

# 2 10-01-2006 , 10:07 PM
When you open them? Yes. But you cant do from 7 to 4,5, or 6.

And do you have PLE or full version?

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 10-01-2006 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by MattTheMan
When you open them? Yes. But you cant do from 7 to 4,5, or 6.

sure u can.

mayaFileConverter.exe

# 4 11-01-2006 , 03:04 AM
Subscriber
thanks .. i have the full version of maya 7

i just watched the tutorial for texturing the wooden door and for making the aliens t-shirt

i'm going to try to make a t-shirt or a strap shirt for a human man model i have

would texturing the Shirt be the same/similar process for texturing the door? i want to make the t-shirt army colors if i can

and 1 more thing, for now .. when the guy in the door tutorial started out, he had a UV mapping of the door (or something like that, i'll go back and check soon) but like the door and it's pieces saved in a format photoshop could use and the pieces spread out type thing .. How is this thing Created?

And thanks for the responces.. i think it'll be much easier to learn this program with people helping like this site offers

but in the meantime, you can check my last few pieces for editing/animation with Animation Master (links below)

https://www.clansm.com:8080/9.jpg <--- just a eggholder and egg heads tutorial gets u to make,, but i did a little more then they asked (maya)

https://www.clansm.com:8080/CoDvm.avi <-- animation using animation master for a video (need Xvid codec to watch) 4mb so might take a min or 2 to load up

https://www.clansm.com:8080/CoDvm2.avi <-- another animation using Animation Master (again need Xvid) 7mb so might take a tiny bit longer

check them out if u want .. they're compressed low quailty just so faster to watch

thanks for help again

# 5 11-01-2006 , 03:32 AM
Subscriber
oh .. i forgot to ask .. it says that you pay 5 pounds .. and you get access to all tutorials and other stuff which can be downloaded?

or do you have to pay for those more advanced tutorials sepratly .. these tutorials are great ..

# 6 11-01-2006 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber
try doing all the free tuts first....... the others are more expensive to get the full tutorial, but u can pay for each section of a tut seperatley eg the apache tut from start to finish is 100 points costing something like 80 pound but each section maybe 3-4 i think something like that.

# 7 11-01-2006 , 06:55 PM
Subscriber
thanks .. i'm going thru the tutorials now

could some explain right quick .. how you get the UV map file for texturing from maya?

example: the thing you import into photshop with the models spread out used in the texturing tutorial

i went ahead to try and make a strap shirt .. and i came across the same problem ,, i find it difficult to select the line in between the stiched stuff and not stiched stuff, as shown below
https://www.clansm.com:8080/help.jpg
(FOR ANYONE WHO COMES ACROSS THIS SAME PROBLEM IN MAYA 7 .. I FOUND OUT ON TOP ... SELECT OBJECT BY TYPES:Curves (looks like backwards S) lets you select lines between panels easily)

any solutions would be greatly appriciated .. and i hope no body cares that i'm asking these simple questions .. just trying to learn .. thanks for the help

Last edited by WH33LS; 12-01-2006 at 02:56 PM.