Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 12-01-2013 , 11:39 PM

Batch Render Looks Different than single frame

Hi,
I'm working on an animation right now and I'm having a real problem with the batch render. I'm in maya 2013, and using mental ray. When I render a single frame with mental ray, it looks fine, just the way i want. But when I do a batch render for the whole animation the image comes out really dark, and doesn't seem to have the full material attributes or something. I'm running very short on time, so any help would be greatly appreciated! I've attached two images. They are the same frame of an animation, the first is a single frame render and the second is from the batch render. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 13-01-2013 , 12:10 AM
SM Tea Boy
What format are you batch rendering out in? Do you have a lens shader attached to the camera? Are you using render passes? What are your framebuffer settings, More information is needed I think.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 13-01-2013 , 12:16 AM
I'm rendering to png. The only things on the camera come from the physical sun and sky. I'm not an expert either and i'm not sure what framebuffer is...

# 4 13-01-2013 , 12:29 AM
here are my frame buffer settings, i haven't touched them

Attached Images
# 5 13-01-2013 , 04:34 AM
Super Moderator
You never did say if you rendering out any passes. Also the lighting looks like it changed. Do you have any render layers setup? It could be that you created one for currently selected objects by accident(which might explain the change in lighting), Maya made the master layer not renderable and you were probably still testing on that layer. Well that's my first thought.

- Genny
# 6 13-01-2013 , 12:17 PM
SM Tea Boy
Do you have more than one camera? Might be the lens shader is not active on the camera you are using to batch render.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 13-01-2013 , 12:26 PM
there are no extra cameras it is just the default persp camera