Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-10-2007 , 11:00 AM

Zbrush 3.1, normal maps, and the layer brush

Hello,

I know this isn't a zbrush forum, but I've posted on zbrush central and it's a pretty slow board. If anyone knows anything about zbrush maybe they can help.

I want to make a normal map for my obj file. What I want to do is use the layer brush tool, so that multiple strokes will still only add up to the zdepth total, so I can make an even raised/indented sculpt.

However, this only seems to work if I've made a morph target immediately before I sculpt, meaning that I can only make a morph target of my subdivided model. I believe to make a normal map, I have to make the morph target on my base mesh before I sculpt. But, if I do that, when I subdivide and sculpt, the effect of the layer brush in accumulative, and the depth builds up.

There must be a workaround to this - anyone know?

thanks,

gubar