Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 29-10-2007 , 12:56 PM
Subscriber

too many CV's

hi this is an ongoing issue that i cant resolve i have been onto many forums and noone seems to know the answer to the question. the question is this, take a look at the santa hat in my side view, now take a look at the instructors side view in the quicktime movie still. can you see there are far too many cv on my hat. there should only be cv's around my isopalms. i have had many replies saying you can still deform the hat but the hat always looks bad and nowhere near does it look like the one in the video. I have tried lowering the number of isopalms but that isnt any good

can someone help out with some advice?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 29-10-2007 , 01:53 PM
Subscriber
why don't you just delete the cv's that you aren't happy with, either just select the cv's and hit v delete key, or go into hull mode, select the hulls of the cv's you want to lose and then delete.

Chris

# 3 29-10-2007 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber

cv probs

cheers

i tried deleting before and it didnt work. i just tried it again and it looks like i was deleting the wrong cv's. It worked!

cheers

# 4 29-10-2007 , 07:01 PM
Subscriber

control vertex again

the problem has started again, this time on the yeti's body. i delete a row of verticies and i lose an isopalm. these cv's just wont delete that easy. wish i could send you the file to take a look at. any more suggestions will be appreciated