Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 26-10-2006 , 08:56 PM
Simply Maya OG

Where is everyone?

Damn...I leave for almost a year or so (well...not LEAVE, more like absent...) and this place is like DEAD now. Ive been posting in the WIP for about a week or so now, and not much activity there. Looking thru the other forum sections, and theres almost NO activity there too. Where the hell did everyone go? I know LOTS of new people have joined, but what happened to all the older guys? Kbrown, Kevin (i know he left the site to Dave, but still..) and where the hell is Dave? NitroLiq, dave_baer, Mike? If Im just being blind/stupid..let me know...I just dont see much activity around here anymore. user added image

- Hybrid

Last edited by I-Iybrid; 26-10-2006 at 09:00 PM.
# 2 26-10-2006 , 09:17 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'm still around. Just life is really busy these days.

# 3 26-10-2006 , 11:38 PM
hehe they seem to have moved on to better things. Mike for one has two books out (by the way they are both excellent).

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 4 27-10-2006 , 03:49 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Dave is in Prague, he's living there now, he's on the msn, though I must admit he's not aroud alot on there either

Cheers
Jay

# 5 31-10-2006 , 10:14 PM
Simply Maya OG
Anyone know what happened to Brian E? Man he had some NICE models....

- Hybrid
# 6 04-11-2006 , 04:07 AM
Subscriber
I noticed in the time i've been gone there's loads of new members i don't know, but there's still a few of the old timers posting in the w.i.p. Noticed Forum_snowboarder33 still modelling cars and jay and kurt have got a couple of posts up, but apart from that i feel like a stranger.

EDIT:

Originally posted by Jay
Dave is in Prague, he's living there now

Is dave still running the site then and if so is that why the site feels slower compared to last year, or is it just me tonight?

Last edited by ckyuk; 04-11-2006 at 04:22 AM.
# 7 04-11-2006 , 08:00 AM
Simply Maya OG
ckyuk! Another old timer. Yea, Cliff (ForumSnowboarder) and I are the only old timers I see around. Its great that theres ALOT of new members...but I dont know ANY of them...and yea. The site is ALOT slower now-a-days. Its not just me, b/c ForumSnowboarder noticed it too, along w/you. So yea...somethings up.....

- Hybrid
# 8 04-11-2006 , 12:26 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
As far as Im aware, the sites main server is US based, but there were a few probs a month or two back when the site pretty much had crashed, its not been super fast ever since then.

Cheers
Jay

# 9 04-11-2006 , 04:27 PM
Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb