Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 28-01-2003 , 11:39 PM
Subscriber

Another question :/

Sorry, but im finding it a pain in the butt to select each and every face or vertex when i want to model it... is there a way to adjust the selection box tool so that i can drag over a section of verticies yet dont get the ones on the other side of the model? Thanks

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 28-01-2003 , 11:46 PM
The Maya Mountain
try doing a search for "backface culling"

# 3 29-01-2003 , 04:35 AM
Subscriber
Careful!

In my experience, if workin with nurbs surfaces/planes, you could end up loosing sight of objects, which I personally found very annoying. But if you can make a button for this, then maybe it ain't such a bad idea. hmmm... I'll have to try that.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 4 29-01-2003 , 04:37 AM
Subscriber
!! so thats what happened... damn. Ok, i wont fool around with this anymore.. i can go with the extra few seconds here and there. I lost a few polys on the back of my object.. its a'ok tho.. i guess that was a warning. Thanks Undseth.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 5 29-01-2003 , 04:46 AM
The Maya Mountain
Well, what Backface Culling does is hide polygon faces whose Normals are facing away from the camera... so if you find things that you're looking at disapearing, the normals need to be reversed. (Edit Polygons > Normals > Reverse). Or, if only certain faces on an object are disapearing, perhaps you need to "conform" these normals to the model's majority (Edit Polygons> Normals > Conform).

# 6 29-01-2003 , 07:32 AM
So that's what conform is for... Been wondering about that user added image Always something new user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 7 29-01-2003 , 07:36 AM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, sometimes it may conform them to ALL be incorrect, though. But then, you simply "Reverse" the whole model and it's fixed. user added image