Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 91 30-04-2003 , 04:00 PM
Subscriber
Hi Matt,

it is looking... user added image

and Pony it is a very good texture on that bow... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 92 30-04-2003 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber
wow you guys did alot while i was at work! I'ma check back every time you post (email notify = )

Looking good pony, that bow (AS ALWAYS) came out JUST how you drew it. I think the wood should be a little richer in color? Brightness and conrast sliders would do the trick. Or if you want it to look kinda old, alot more sractches on that bump map.

M looking great man, the claws look a little weird without the gloves. I like the gold, can you give it a real subtle very blurry reflection? It should reflect at least the black part of the armour. Nice anklets too, put some on his wrists (if theres room).

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 93 30-04-2003 , 08:16 PM

Yo.

This is Vectorman's friend incase you didn't know. Anyway, I was under the influence this was going to be a skill type "Battle" or who can make the best character and all. Yet I've been following your designs and have been noticing the "Battle" really unfold. First off I'll run you through some of my thoughts as far as characters (not thoughts based in Maya): Centaurs most commonly used spears, When using a bow the wrist guard goes on the hand holding the bow, generally the quiver is held at the waist when in combat (not the back which is commonly portrayed), Ungodly awesome looking bow which I know a few people have said but I'll repeat...Thats about all I got for pony at the moment.
Digi-dude there, your turn: The english longbow was specifically designed to pierce plate mail ( IE your toast in a real fight), if you make a short sword you will never reach past the centaur's legs, He should have a helmet of some sort to raise his coolness by +10, the burst of the eye is unhuman and obviously you get artistic discresion but I think a defined and pronounced iris would give less of a feel of a soft squishy toy...Once again all I can think of at the moment.
To be honest I don't know crap about Maya and I won't try to think I do. So I just gave these as mere character dramatization theories. If you don't like what I said or I shouldn't have said it feel free to tell me.

Thanks

A laugh is more powerful than a tear.
# 94 30-04-2003 , 08:31 PM
Subscriber
Hey steve good crits on the armour and weapons. Thanx for posting and welcome to simplymaya!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 95 30-04-2003 , 10:06 PM
Subscriber
BlackCrown, yeah she is right handed and the arm protecter should be on the left since the bow will be held with that hand.. thanks about the quiver. I think I will take artistic lisence with that.

Black and Vector, thanks very much about the bow..

M Looking great.. the scare is way cool and the nose ring also.

# 96 30-04-2003 , 11:16 PM
Subscriber
Hey guys, ok im back and its time to start! Thanks blackcrown for your CC user added image.. Just letting you know though.. my dino in no way has been designed for battle... lol, first off, dinosaurs do not have armor.. second off... giving this guy something large would just be looking off. Ponys centuar is more of a realistic shape, so it molds better to weapons.. my dino though i think couldnt kill jack all.. he would just play with his sword and cut snakes in the long grass user added image. Anyways, thanks for the ideas, and im trying to decide how i would make a helmet for him, like... lol.. what kinda helmet, how is it going to mold to a long nose animal type thing? I have an idea though, so i will try it user added image. BTW, i now arrows go fast and everything.. but the armor i have on my dino is 3/4 inch iron. Its not meant to be fully realistic.. but more based on what i think would be a hella cool armor.. if you could ever wear it user added image... which my dino can user added image. About his iris.. i will see if i can get something more mean ok? Give me a few minutes to post it user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 97 30-04-2003 , 11:31 PM
Subscriber
Alright, here is his new eye user added image.. took a while of tweaking.. its a bit different with a smaller pupil.. but i think its better than the old. Let me know what you think user added image. Now its time to get some food.. and get busy.

# 98 01-05-2003 , 01:15 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by M
.. he would just play with his sword and cut snakes in the long grass user added image.

ROFLMAO !!!

# 99 01-05-2003 , 01:43 AM
Subscriber
awesome i like the eye better. good call steve

# 100 01-05-2003 , 01:51 AM
Subscriber
Heheheh, thanks guys... I will be posting real soon.i have lots done on this guy to show ya user added image.. (well its a lot to me user added image).. just i have to get a gold trim going around it.. and its a complicated shape user added image.. so im strugglin on that bit.

# 101 01-05-2003 , 02:47 AM
Subscriber
Alright, big update.. i modelled some mini spikes for the back of the models armor. and then i also modelled a helmet! The helmet took a while to get the golden edge around it and whatnot.. but its fine now user added image. Anyways, i learned some goood techniqes that i can use in the future.. theres small tweaking here and there but its coming along user added image. Heres image #1

# 102 01-05-2003 , 02:48 AM
Subscriber
Heres image #2 user added image. BTW, were both still going all out user added image.. until midnight! Which is in 4 hours!

# 103 01-05-2003 , 02:55 AM
Subscriber
that helmet rocks !!

# 104 01-05-2003 , 02:58 AM
Subscriber
yah looking good!!

# 105 01-05-2003 , 03:42 AM
Subscriber
What about this for the helmet, the furry thing? Just an idea user added image.