Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 10-03-2004 , 01:00 AM

In Class Competition

Just an image of a Mech that I am working on in a challenge I made against one of my classmates. The head will definitely change, I just wanted some feedback.

Attached Thumbnails

Improve
# 2 10-03-2004 , 01:31 AM
The Maya Mountain
it seems rather "bubbly" if that's a word.

# 3 10-03-2004 , 03:52 AM
i agree with mt, but to me it seems if you tweaked his thighs a bit more, it would really change his overall appearance, they seem kind of random right now, and almost contradict the style of his upper body. still looks great though! nice work gp!

I Can't Understand What I'm Thinking
# 4 12-03-2004 , 04:26 AM
Interesting looking character. Cool!

-------------------------------------------
# 5 15-03-2004 , 08:39 PM
Yeah I see what you are talking about with the legs. I think I am going to work with a cylinder and cut it and insert pumps. Thanks for the input fellas.

Improve
# 6 15-03-2004 , 11:56 PM
um where are his arms? besides that I think its exelent leave the legs the way they are, give him a shiny metal finish and a little bit of rust and blemishes not too much(we don't want a walking trash heap do we?) I definatly love your style great job

<embed src="https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/kman3/dial.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="https://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" width="100" height="100" quality="best" play="true" loop="true" align="center" scale="showall" play="true"></embed>