Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-07-2005 , 12:57 PM
Banned

Texturing problem.....HELP!?!?!?!

Hey guys, I am very very new to the software "Maya".
I was playing around with this one, and you will see what I mean when I say I have a problem......

I applied the snake skin texture to the head, but it looks unnreal if you get my drift. Looks like it multiplies the single picture to way too many pics on the head.

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem.
I'll include a screenshot of the head

Thanking you in advance
Riddick:headbang:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 20-07-2005 , 03:11 PM
Subscriber
u might wana do automatic maping or something, or goto the place2dtexture node of the material which is applied to the model u got, then get onto the atributes panel (ctrl+a, the larger one), then on the place2dtexture node u change the repeat uv value to something lower. if this doesnt help or u dont know what the hell im talkin about do a tutorial, theres some free ones ont his site somewhere

# 3 20-07-2005 , 03:14 PM
Subscriber
Yes, check out mckinleys site.

Tutorial link:
https://www.mtmckinley.net/tutorials.html

You need to look into the polygon texturing tutorial. And then after that, do the free tutorial on this site(i think its basic texturing).

Edit: So mckinley has rearanged his site since I got that link, but still everything should be normal. You can find the tuorial under the 'newbie' section. If you want to go to his most recent site, then its just:

www.mtmckinley.net