Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-03-2007 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber

Manipulating both merged sides of a polygon simultaneousy

Hi all,

I modeled half a polygon head, I then used mirror geometry, but I have now lost the ability to manipulate both sides simultaneously. Is there a way around this?

# 2 25-03-2007 , 10:11 AM
what i usually do is instance copying one half to the other side - means scale-X or scale-Z

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 3 25-03-2007 , 05:19 PM
Subscriber
But when I merge them, I lose the ability to manipulate both sides simultaneously. Basically I wanted to use it for blendshapes on a merged head, so that I could save time by doing only one side of the head.

# 4 25-03-2007 , 05:55 PM
In maya 8 nd above (think its came out in 8) theres an option for reflection in the move tool.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 25-03-2007 , 07:36 PM
Subscriber
I'm still using Maya 7, is there a workaround?

# 6 25-03-2007 , 09:07 PM

Originally posted by Annaxx
But when I merge them, I lose the ability to manipulate both sides simultaneously. Basically I wanted to use it for blendshapes on a merged head, so that I could save time by doing only one side of the head.

Well, you can allways wait to merge them untill you are finnished with all the features you want both sides to have user added image But I am pretty sure you can change both sides after you have merged them as well, in some way user added image