Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 01-06-2007 , 06:07 AM

sorry lame problem?

im making the cartoon dog (head) at the min and after i enter isoparms and switch back to control vertex i cant move any of the points? what have i done wrong?

https://www.dell.com/html/global/topics/gaming/en/us/us/dhs/systems-notebook.html

gimme.

Last edited by barnettbeans; 01-06-2007 at 06:20 AM.
# 2 01-06-2007 , 07:27 AM
Subscriber
that was the same problem as when i first started maya and tried to do the dog tutorial ...

for some reason when you create isoparms and then insert them and deselect the object, you cannot select the vertex anymore ... try after you insert the isoparms, right click straight away and then go control vertex and try ...

hope it works,

# 3 01-06-2007 , 10:00 AM
Hmm...
I didn't have that problem but my first thoughts are
1. Make sure the transform values aren't locked in the channel box.
2. Make sure Caps Lock is not on.
3. delete by type -> History
4. Check to see if there's any grouping or parenting that you can undue.
5. Restart computer.

Hopefully one of those will fix the problem.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 01-06-2007 , 12:29 PM
after deleting history its working again. although i have realised now that iv nearly completed the dog my comp is screaming. in pain.

here is my spec.

Compaq Presario 2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
160gig HDD.

I notice in task manager when i move, rotate or do anything in maya the Cpu colum in task manager is at 99 and rests at about 70

Any advice?

Thanks for the help.

https://www.dell.com/html/global/topics/gaming/en/us/us/dhs/systems-notebook.html

gimme.