Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-03-2003 , 01:17 AM
Subscriber

Downloading tut's in OS X

Hi, I normally used to download the tutorials in Win2k with no probs but my flatmate just bought an ibook and seeing as the universities library has an incredibly fast connection *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* I thought I'd get a few of the larger tutorials that i've really been wanting to download from the library on the ibook, but when I try and download them it ends up downloading a *.pl file which I have no idea what it is, its the same size as the tutorial but I cant open it, ive tried renaming its extension to a zip like all the rest but no go. Is this a problem with the the IE for mac or just the simplymaya server not liking sending to macs? Any ideas how to fix this?

# 2 24-03-2003 , 01:50 AM
Principle
Rename to .zip should work basically the file is the same when downloaded on a Mac it just ends up with the wrong file extension.

opps posted with a test account user added image

David user added image

# 3 05-04-2003 , 06:06 AM
Subscriber
Ok I had a crack at that and basically its a no go.... when i download a file it calls it vip_download.pl , so i just go ahead and save it anyway.... xfer it over to my pc from the imac, rename it to a .zip but when i try and extract it i get an error, apparently the file iscorrupt.... any ideas? Happens whenever I try this...

# 4 05-04-2003 , 01:38 PM
Subscriber

.pl on mac

i had the same problem on a mac using system 9.2.1 - got round it by just dragging the .pl file onto stuffit expander v6.0, and hey presto - windows movie gets unstuffed

hope this helps,
tony

# 5 06-04-2003 , 12:36 AM
Subscriber
problem solved cheers tony.