Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 31-03-2006 , 07:15 AM
Subscriber

Rug threads

I've been trying to make rugs for environmental pics and have succedded except in one way. I have no idea how to make the tassells at the end that most rugs have. I can't imagine modeling them individually. is there a short cut, like fur or a paint effect that could do this.

Let me know, thanks.

# 2 01-04-2006 , 08:49 AM
Subscriber
Hey, this might be a bit low detail but you could make a poly plane then create the rug texture and make an alpha for the tassels and apply it onto the plane. This is low detail but it depends on how closley you will be seing the rug. Hope this helps user added image

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 3 01-04-2006 , 01:18 PM
and a displacement for the bumps and stuff? its about the best thing you can do for a rug.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 4 01-04-2006 , 06:27 PM
Subscriber
Great, cool, thanks alot.
I'll try it out.